The main goals of the Agency are:
- Forest maintenance and reforestation;
- Sustainable use of components of biological diversity in the forest.
The main tasks of the Agency are:
- Forest fund management within the framework of the powers established by this charter, legal and other statutory regulations;
- Implementation of measures for the care and restoration of forests;
- Regulation of forest management;
- Implementation of control in the territory of the forest fund (except for licensing conditions) within the framework of the powers established by law;
- Implementation of forest inventory.